Monday, February 9, 2009

Fresh

Since I hate the taste of water (yes, it has a taste), I try to drink as little of it as possible, except when in the ocean, where I always manage to drink enormous quantities of it, enjoying as I do the subtle hints of fresh seaweed and baby pee. This general aversion means that, from time to time, I have sudden and overwhelming cravings for "fresh". "Fresh", being distinctly different from "healthy", can be satisfied with a salad (mandatory 1:25, leaf:more delicious things ratio), sushi, or Otter Pops.

I chose salad yesterday.

I know you can throw just about anything over cold veggies and call it a salad, but I think I've hit upon a pretty excellent one.

Strawberry and Avocado Salad

Ingredients:
8-10 large strawberries, hulled and sliced
1/2 avocado, diced
3 radishes, diced
2 slices of Canadian bacon, diced
a handful of grape tomatoes

mixed baby greens (or baby spinach)
a dash of lemon juice
a mandarin-based salad dressing (I used Brianna's Ginger Mandarin)

Toss and serve. (For 2. I just eat twice as much.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Free Blog Counter