Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Baby's First Panini

I suspect this sudden surge in posts will last about as long as the rest of my New Year's Resolutions do, in which case, we must be nearing the end. It's been about a week. But maybe not - maybe I've changed...


No. I don't think so, not for some things anyway. Consistency's just not my strong suit. But I can live with that. Consistently.

In the meanwhile, I'm still intoxicated by the heady elixir of food aesthetics (new discovery of food blogs + new chef-y gadgets to play with + experimentation with my darling D60 >> all food, all the time), so I'm going to make the most of it.

Here is the documentation of my first panini. I love panini(s?). Love. and lo and behold, my sister bought me a panini maker for Christmas with only the slightest bit of hinting. ("You there, I want a panini maker for Christmas. Write it down.") It was warm and delicious and everything that its humdrum cousin the Sandwich wishes it could be.


Ingredients:
Italian herb flatbread
Roasted bell peppers, zucchini, and onions (sliced, drizzled with olive oil, 325 degrees)
Slices of buffalo mozzerella
Baby greens
Sun-dried tomatoes
Peppered salami and pepperoni
Garlic pesto (store-bought, but I'm working my way towards making my own pesto. And by "working my way", I mean that I plan to buy a basil plant soon-ish.)

Directions:
...Assemble.

3 comments:

  1. ha HA I TOOK THAT PICTURE. im amazing.
    and i totally would have known what to get you regardless. (man, the ihome was cuz you complained that your ipod plugger thing broke.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Panini maker? How often are you going to use that?

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Blog Counter